July 20, 2009
Statement of Conduct, Principles and Ethics
This statement outlines the most important principles of ethical and professional conduct. Members are encouraged and expected to observe these principles in spirit as well as letter.
- To serve our clients with integrity, knowledge and creative ability.
- To act fairly, honestly and in a manner they would be prepared to defend publicly.
- To maintain confidence and trust in the profession of horticulture.
- To protect, at all times, the integrity of the profession, the interests of the client and the general public.
- To continually improve their own professional knowledge and skill and keep abreast of new developments in their industry.
- To encourage and support education and research within the horticultural field.
- To provide other members with helpful, constructive and professional advice, coaching and mentorship when necessary in order to improve the professional reputation and image of the industry.
- To consistently maintain the confidence and trust in the profession.
- Members have an obligation to deliver goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, (according to contract specifications) in order to protect the client’s interest while maintaining acceptable standards.
- Members advertising shall be neither false nor in any way misleading.
- Members shall respect and improve the environment.
- Members shall treat employees fairly, honestly and lawfully.
- Members shall not make false or malicious statements that may injure the professional reputation of other members.
- Members shall endeavour to attract to the profession, individuals with a high degree of honesty, courtesy, integrity and competence
- Members shall meet their obligations and responsibilities to clients, suppliers and employees.